Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 2 IVT

Here comes day 2. I was not early enough to choose my place. I would love to sit in front so I can see how the procedures are done for tomorrows return demonstration. Yes! Ret-Dem. The last time i had my Ret-Dem was our duty at Ortho. Anyway back to topic. We started another day of discussing and demonstrating how to perform the procedures. Then post test. I admit. I cheated. Who doesn't is a genius. :) HAHA. And they were giving off the answers anyway. While on break we are practicing to locate our veins on each other. I would practice on Reyna. Reyna on Patty. Then Patty to yours truly. i was not afraid to be hurt coz we will be inserting IV canulas to an actual person. I was afraid if could make it to first attempt. So then I practiced my inserting skills on Toni with the guidance of Maro. (She's already an IV Therapist) We went to the drugstore to buy IV canula gauge 20. on my first attempt, it was too shallow so I didn't have any back flow (blood). On my 2nd attempt, I chose the bigger vein on the cephalic area. That's the area in line with your thumb. Then boom!! I got it! :) After that success I was feeling a little proud of myself and I wanna do it again! Really! Then Reyna tried it also on Toni's right cephalic area. On first attempt, it was a success! Good Job Reyna! :)) Then after practicing the insertion, i read/memorized the procedures which will be recited and demonstrated at the same time. Depending on your preceptors. Some just want you to do the procedures. Some just let you recite it. And some wants you do to both! :) So i really tried my very best to study the material the whole night. Really nervous for day 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment